Friday, February 11, 2011

Marin Headlands - Rodeo Lagoon Sunset - 2/11/11

Sunset at Rodeo Beach


          The work day ended and I made my way out to the Marin Headlands to take a walk. I explored Gerbode Valley for a while before driving over to Rodeo Beach & Lagoon. After enjoying sunset I began driving back when I noticed a Great Blue Heron land in the Lagoon at the waters edge. I knew it would make a great silhouette so I pulled over and got out my camera. The Heron stood absolutely still and was very accommodating as the colors got better and better.

Great Blue Heron at Sunset



Great Blue Heron Silhouette & Firey Sunset


          At this point another photographer pulled over and began shooting right beside me. I decided to head back to the car as the light was nearly all gone, when I noticed I did not have my car keys. I went back to the area where I was taking photos and scoured the area frantically for several minutes until it got dark. I would have no luck! I went back to the car and realized that I locked the keys in the car along with my cell phone and wallet. So now I'm feeling pretty dumb. I asked the photographer if I could borrow her cell phone but there was no service. Fortunately she was kind enough to give me a lift to Sausalito where the cell phone worked and I was able to arrange for a pickup.
          Although things did work out alright in the end, I definitely learned my lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment