Sunday, May 15, 2011

Backyard Wildlife 5-15-11

Pacific Chorus Frog

          Sometimes you don't have to travel far to see wildlife. Chances are you might find some in your own backyard! For months we've been having a Red Shouldered Hawk perch on a Catalpa branch in our backyard. I often hear it's shrieks throughout the neighborhood. I've even seen it carrying a vole once.
          The other day I was watering some plants in the back yard when I came across a frog on a lily plant. I went and got the camera and was able to snap a few shots off before it hopped away.

Pacific Chorus Frog

          There is a swale behind our house and during certain months of the year the frogs mating calls are so loud it is hard to sleep at night.

1 comment:

  1. Really cool find, this is a species I'd like to add to my portfolio!

    ReplyDelete