Sunday, January 8, 2012

Another Ring Mountain Sunset - 1/8/12

          Late in the evening I decided to drive the short distance to Ring Mountain to watch another sunset. Besides China Camp, it is one of the closest nature get-aways to my home, therefore I utilize it often.

Sunset from Ring Mountain


Ring Mountain Pathway


Ring Mountain Ridgetops


Moonrise

          Again I stuck around until after dark and was once again swooped by an owl.

Light Painted Rock


Looking West

          As I walked back to the car under the light of the moon, I was suddenly overcome by the loud sound of what I thought was rushing water. It turned out to be a passing flock of birds overhead with their rapidly beating wings emulating the sound of a rain stick. It happened once more before I reached the car and I was very curious as to what type of birds they were.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting that this post only just showed up in my reader (3/8/12). I love the sunset with Mt. Tam, and the sound of flocks of birds flying by in the dark is excellent! If I were to guess, I'd say ducks because they often fly low enough to hear, and they have the fast wingbeats that sound so cool.

    ReplyDelete